Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Heart Healers



While cleaning out a closet, I found this old newspaper clipping of the late Dr. Velma Jaggers from 1994. I spent Christmas morning that year at her Universal World Church spectacular. Actually, it was more than spectacular. It was, "THE MOST INCREDIBLY MAGNIFICENT CHRISTMAS EVER SEEN BY ANYONE! THE MOST FANTASTIC - MAGNIFICENT - SPLENDIFEROUSLY BEAUTIFUL EVENT IN 6000 YEARS!!" Not only that, but Miss Velma even healed me with her special magic God oil. (I faked a slight limp in case she asked what my problem was.) Oddly, for the rest of the day my forehead smelled just like strawberry Lipsmackers.

Here's an old clip of Miss Velma flying around like the angel she is now in heaven:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funniest, damn thing... I actually sold a home to Miss Jaggers (I'm pretty sure it's the same) over on Brockmont in Glendale. They said they were big time faith healers, but I never took them seriously. They were really old and this house had a ton of stairs. They said they had ( wait for it....) faith they would be able to navigate the stairs. They couldn't and wound up selling the home later on, but that is another story.