Friday, October 3, 2008

Laptop Shmaptop


A Chengdu resident suffers from a condition that allows her to use her skin like writing paper. According to 50-year-old Huang Xiangji, when she writes a word on her skin using a fingernail, the letters protrude from her skin a minute or two later. "I used my body as a notebook for years," Huang said. The woman said she had the strange ability even as a little girl and would list goods on her arms before going shopping. On Wednesday, doctors told Huang that she had the condition called artificial urticaria, which has no ill affects.(Chengdu Evening News)

I actually dated a guy in high school whose skin would raise like that if you scratched it. It only lasted for a couple of minutes and then it would fade away. He used to scratch my name onto his arm sometimes. (Awww, puppy love.) I always thought it happened because of malnourishment. He was really skinny and seemed to subsist on nothing but Slush Puppies, Cheez Doodles and Oreos.

I found the story and the pic on Weird Asia News, but I assume the photo is of someone else's legs since the writing is in English. Who is she?

No comments: